Dr. Cox uses a holistic approach to facial aging, rejuvenation, and maintenance. Her style takes into account the physiology of the skin, the effects of age and environment on the complexion, and the gentlest way to create long-lasting vibrance for years to come.
There are treatments that specifically address the skin layers with the goal of maintaining their vibrance. The side effect is healthy, beautiful skin. These treatments include the following:
- Chemical Peels: These are substances with acidic properties that can penetrate both the external and internal layers of the skin depending on the strength of the peel. Superficial peels generally act on the external layers by causing keratolysis (exfoliative effect) and result in polished, glowing skin. Deeper peels penetrate the external and internal layers and not only polish but stimulate collagen production internally, which keeps the skin supported, supple, and elastic.
- Ablative and Non-ablative Energy: These modalities use light energy to rejuvenate the skin. With ablative energy, the light heats the skin, removing superficial to deep layers, resulting in exfoliation and collagen and elastin remodeling and production. Non-ablative energy also heats the skin but typically does not remove skin cells. Instead, non-ablative energy devices typically bypass the external skin layers and deliver the heat to the internal layers (dermis) resulting in the revitalization of this tissue.
- Skincare: Consistent, high-quality topical products that nourish the external skin layers, promoting active cellular turnover, smooth texture, pore clarity, and a radiant complexion.
- Color-Specific Lights and Lasers: These light and laser modalities are designed to focus on color changes in the skin (e.g., red and brown spots). These can be non-selective light therapies to highly selective lasers that target the chromophore responsible for the red (hemoglobin) or brown (melanin) discolorations. The result is a more uniform complexion.
- Radiofrequency Energy: This nonsurgical treatment uses electromagnetic waves to increase the temperature of the dermis. The added heat stimulates collagen production, which is responsible for skin firmness, thus decreasing the appearance of wrinkles and sagging skin.